Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Everything So Far...

11/19/09
I have been here for almost four months. I am finally finished with training (thank goodness). Although I miss my host family from training and my PC friends tremendously. Everyone went out to their various sites last Monday. I am now at my site. I am in a village called Pango that is right outside of the main town in Vanuatu. I am glad that I still get to have a taste of village life. I really enjoy going to the garden and being a part of the community. Here in Pango I will be working with the local Primary school as a Teacher Trainer. In addition to that I will be teaching in town at the Teacher's college and working with the Ministry of Education (gov.). I am really excited about the diversity of my job and all the opportunities to learn that I will have. I just can't wait to get started.
I have been to the school and the teachers are very nice and I am looking forward to working with kids again. One thing I have definitely realized since I have been here. I love teaching. I really miss the classroom and all my kiddos.
Since I have been here I have learned so much about myself and other people. I have surprised myself with all of the crazy things that I have done; jumping off cliffs, rock climbing out of a cave, chasing dolphins in a kayak, and riding in the back of a truck while standing. I think I am going to try to learn to surf now. It is funny I have the nerve to do things here that I would never do at home. So we will see what my next adventure is....

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much! I know that you will be such a blessing to those kids and to the teachers. Can't wait to hear about your next adventure =)
    Love,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fabulous!I love you friend! I am so proud of you and I am thankful for your willingness to obey the prompting of the Holy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete