Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh My Stars!!!!!

So here I am, I have packed all of my bags and I am downloading the last few songs onto my IPOD. I can't believe I am about to leave. I have spent so much time getting ready for this and now it is time. I am so excited, but it has been so hard to say goodbye to everyone. I hope you all know how much I love you. I am so blessed to have amazing friends and family. Anyway... I just wanted to post a little something. I don't know when I will get to post again. Apparently when we arrive they want to starve us from instant communication, durring training. So look for a letter in the mail. I am rambling (no surprise). Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. Hey Courtney! It is exactly 6:30 here. You left 2 hours ago! I can't wait to hear from you. Good luck!! Love you!! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney:

    OK. I missed the whole going to the South Pacific thing. I thought from Facebook you had quit your job----but this is amazing. I am so proud of you and think that you have really a wonderful decision to experience life in a very different way and rock your world. You are always in my heart and now you are in my prayers. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!xxxooDeborah,Brooklyn, NY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney: We all will be praying for safe travels to get to your South Pacific assignment and new life there. You've embarked on a great journey - I am confident that God is honored by your faithfulness and trust. We lift you up to Him now, and pray that this time of service will help many people and provide wonderful lessons to you along the way. And, of course, we can't wait for your return. Can't wait to see your blog unfold! We love you so much! David, Kaye, Grant and Rachel, Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  4. COURTENEY -- DON'T KNOW WHEN YOU MIGHT GET THIS, BUT SOMEONE IN TEXAS LOVES YOU VERY MUCH. GOD IS PROVIDING A WONDERFUL GIFT TO VANATUA ....THROUGH YOU. I REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING ABOUT YOUR JOURNEY AND THE AMAZING THINGS YOU WILL DO AND LEARN. WE TRUST GOD AND YOUR GOOD JUDGEMENT TO KEEP YOU SAFE AND BRING YOU HOME WHEN ITS TIME. LOVE YOU -- JERI AND ZEKE -- SPI, TEXAS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Courtney,
    I'm sitting here with brother Jim and Aunt Sally and just found out that you're leaving. I know this will be a powerful chapter in your life. Please let us know how you're doing and all of our family, I know, will hold you close in our prayers.
    Much love to you,
    Maggie--Live from Oakland, CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courtney,
    We'll be praying for you as you travel and as you begin this new journey. We will look forward to hearing about all your new friends and experiences on your blog. Take care of yourself! Phil & Karen, Franklin, TN

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you're off. I already miss you, and know you will be in my thoughts and prayers all the time. Love you so much, my favorite star helper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Courney, it's a small world! There is a Peace Corpsman in Vanuatu who is a longtime friend of my sister, Joyce and her son, Mark. His name is Jeremiah Johnson and his degree is in Fish and Wildlife Mgt...went to Michigan State. When you see him say hello from Joyce and Mark Allred. xo from Kaye, another one of those TN Gibbs

    ReplyDelete