It has been awhile since I have written anything so I thought I would take a minute today and share a little. Life here is amazing. The people are absolutely wonderful. last week in particular I was overwhelmed with the love I felt for this place and the people. The people in this country are so happy and they live in their communities and take care of each other. I love being a part of the community and even a part of the families here. I met a bus driver who teaches during the day and drives at night. He won't let me pay because I am a volunteer and I am here helping the schools. He recognizes me sometimes when I am walking, and stops, and says "Ms. Courtney where do you need to go". He is just so generous. Again last week another bus driver and I were talking about communities and talking about God. He told me he wanted to write down my name so he could name his baby Courtney if it is a girl. He then proceeded to tell me that I had to come meet his family and share a meal with them sometime. I have just been reminded these last couple of weeks that I am here because this is where I am supposed to be.
Before I applied to PC I had never even heard of Vanuatu, and now I can't imagine my life without these people in it, both volunteers and natives. I have been so richly blessed in the six months that I have been here and I can't wait to see what God has planned next.
Courtney,
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you have such love for these people. I miss you friend, but I am so glad the Lord is using you in the lives of the people of Vanautu! I am blessed because you share!
Love you!
Katie
I loved reading this Courtney. I am so very happy for you and love that you are doing what you're called to do! Love you!!
ReplyDelete